Narrow Shower Wheelchairs
Narrow shower chairs allow people who need mobility assistance to use the toilet and shower without leaving their chairs. For smaller spaces, any of our GO-Anywhere Chairs will fit through 24" doorways and four of those are as narrow as 18" wide. Every narrow shower chair we sell is made from rust-resistant anodized aluminum and features a soft and waterproof replaceable cushion, total-lock casters, and an opening in the seat for easy toilet use.
At GO! Mobility Solutions, we provide portable narrow shower wheelchairs for home and travel. Every one of our chairs folds to fit in a bag. We also carry accessories such as positioning belts, armrest pads and extensions, footrests, and slide-out commodes.
WHICH GO-ANYWHERE PORTABLE COMMODE SHOWER CHAIR IS RIGHT FOR ME?
There are a variety of considerations to take into account when assessing the best fit for your particular needs. But here are a few quick shortcuts that may help:
- Do I have a roll-in shower? GO to CS, SP, CS-A, SP-A
- Do I have a bathtub wall, step or curb into my shower that I need to get across? GO to CST or STS
- Do I have a very narrow doorway (less than 19”) to get a rolling shower commode chair through? GO to CS, CST, CS-A
- Do I want (or have) to self-propel? GO to SP
- Do I want (or need) a portable commode shower chair that can recline? GO to CS-A or SP-A
- Am I small or do I have a child that is small and still growing? GO to CS-A or SP-A
- Am I independent enough to use a Tub Bench and/or Transfer chair to get across a tub wall? GO to SPT or STS
Obviously, you can never be certain as to whether you will have access to a roll-in shower when traveling, even if you’ve been “guaranteed” one, months in advance. We always suggest the “better safe than sorry” approach and going with one of our Tub Slider models which offer the option of being able to get across a bathtub wall. With a GO-Anywhere portable Commode Shower Chair w/ Tub Slider [sku: CST] you can reserve your room and forget about it; no worries.
For more answers please visit or Frequently Asked Questions page. or Contact Us.